Located in the heart of downtown Birmingham, Gus's Hot Dogs is a classic.
Photos by Joe Songer
Gus's Hot Dogs was established in the early 1940s by Gus Alexander. He later sold the business to Aleck Choriatis in the 1960s and passed along the original recipes. In 1997, George Nasiakos took over the restaurant. And in 2017, George sold the restaurant and recipes to Lee Pantazis, the current owner The original mission of the restaurant is still the same: to serve the Birmingham community with high quality food at an affordable price. .
1915 4TH AVENUE NORTH
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35203